Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Shakespeare in the Park


Hello,

This was another project that took a lot of tidy time completing. We were supposed to be on teams but it was only seven of us and I was left alone. Even though, I can work with other people, I prefer to have my own task and complete it on my time. Create and produce a poster highlighting a Shakespeare play performance in Central Park what we were to do. The illustration could have been made with magazine and other scrap cut & pasted in montage style. I picked Anthony and Cleopatra. I’ve always admired Cleopatra’s style so that fueled me through this assignment.

I skimmed through some pictures on the Internet, trying to find one that would fit into the layout and then it hits me, I’m going to make my images out scraps. Cleopatra and Antony was made from print paper w/color on it, magazines, and colorful card stock paper, construction paper and grayscale paper. The font size and placement was the hardest for this one. At first it was too big then too small. The informational text was too close together then too far apart. You would think once you the main focus of a layout done it would be smooth sailing. What should stand out the most? What, When, Where and Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment