Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hotelito Desconcido



Hello,

The picture shown is the stationery for a hotel resort in Mexico. This assignment was given in my Corporate ID and Branding class. We were to research the hotel provided by the instructor. My hotel name was Hotelito Desconcido, which means Unknown Hotel in English. Hotelito Desconcido is located in a marine turtle sanctuary and sea bird habitat. They are very eco-friendly (runs on solar power by day and candlelight by night). I wanted the concept to be simple and elegant. I did not want the design to be too busy by adding all the aspects the hotel has to offer into one piece. I used the top of the palafito (houses built over wood pillars by the sea) for the texture on the background. The hotel consists of twenty-four palafitos for their guests. I wanted the color scheme to have an earthy and beach theme.

I’m always the one up for traveling but somewhere that doesn’t have electricity might not be the place for me. I understand why people would consider going somewhere remote, to get away from it all but I’m just afraid I get out there and I can’t get back. There probably ways to get off the island if you want to but the fact I can’t call anybody from home and see how things are going would bother me. From the pictures, it looked beautiful and fun-filled but I would still be hesitant. This would probably be one of my bucket list options. The only thing stopping and scaring me is myself. One day I’ll probably will go on a remote island stay for about a week or so, no longer than that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment