Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Classy Couture Coupon



Hello,

I had an English instructor that made my class develop our own informational cheat sheet about plagiarism. My sheet states copy & paste is the number one type of plagiarism. Taking a sentence and changing one or two words around is word switch plagiarism. Style plagiarism occurs when you use another author’s rhythm and words. Metaphor plagiarism is copying another author’s creative style. Taking a thought from a source without attributing to the author is idea plagiarism. Try to avoid intentional plagiarism, which is when a writer knowingly copies the work of another author without acknowledgement.

The photo you see is my clutch purse I made in 3-D Fundamentals class. I used Sharpie markers, a Bristol pad, and a pair of old jeans and a glue gun. I love fashion so I had fun doing this project. I was browsing through some Coach Ad(s) on the Internet and felt inspired in Portfolio I class. I wanted the “C” pattern from the clutch to be emphasized on the background of the layout but I didn’t want to use Coach wallpaper. I created my own and called it Classy Couture. With my understanding of copyright laws, the shoe and solid blue wallet belongs to Coach, however I did change the color of the shoe and added a woven pattern. The placements of the objects were the most challenging, things being too big or too small. I didn’t have permission to use the shoe or wallet so this project is used as a promotional piece and not financial.

No comments:

Post a Comment