Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Got Milk?


Hello,

My digital photography instructor gave the class some very valuable photography tips. One of the best times to shoot a photograph outside is in the morning. Never point your camera towards the sun because it causes over-exposure. Always move in close for a close-up picture. It’s more interesting to see an odd number of objects in a picture. The further back you get brings the background into clearer focus. Look for texture such as the side of a building or dirt to add more quality to your photo.

The composition introduced is my People in Advertising Photography project. We were to create our own Got Milk Ad using photography shot by ourselves. The young lady in the photo, Cerayia Masheka Etheredge is my neighbor. I placed whip cream above her lip to illustrate a milk mustache. Another one of my neighbors, Candice Foulks was my assistant for taking this photo. Candice used a board to help position the sun on my subject. This photo was actually shot in the trunk area of her truck. My tripod allowed me to get a good focus on Cerayia and blur out the background. I played around with the text a couple of times, keeping Cerayia the main focal point. I wanted some text but not to overpower the photo. The text placement was the most challenging on this layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment